Ngữ pháp tiếng Anh lớp 10 là phần ngữ pháp căn bản nhất ở cấp Trung học phổ thông, gồm những chủ điểm kiến thức nền tảng, có tính ứng dụng cao, chủ yếu là những kiến thức đã được học ở lớp dưới. Bài viết dưới đây sẽ cung cấp một số dạng bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 10 để bạn có thể tham khảo, từ đó củng cố kiến thức của mình, làm nền vững chắc cho phần ngữ pháp nâng cao hơn vận dụng bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 10.
Tóm tắt kiến thức tiếng Anh lớp 10
- Các thì: Hiện tại đơn, Hiện tại tiếp diễn, Hiện tại hoàn thành, Hiện tại hoàn thành tiếp diễn, Quá khứ đơn, Quá khứ tiếp diễn, Quá khứ hoàn thành, Tương lai đơn, Tương lai tiếp diễn, Tương lai hoàn thành.
- Câu bị động: S + be + Ved/ PII (+ by O)…
- Câu điều kiện
Loại 0: If S + V (hiện tại), S + V (hiện tại)…
Loại 1: If S + V (hiện tại), S + will + V…
Loại 2: If S + were…/ Ved, S + would + V…
Loại 3: If S + had Ved/ PII, S + would have Ved/ PII…
Loại 2+3 (diễn tả giả thiết trái ngược với quá khứ, nhưng kết quả thì trái ngược với hiện tại): If S + had Ved/ PII, S + would + V…
- Câu tường thuật
- Mệnh đề quan hệ, Đại từ quan hệ (who, whom, which, whose, that) và Trạng từ quan hệ (where, when, why).
Một số dạng bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 10
I. Pick out the words underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others
- A. message B. begin C. repeat D. repair
- A. dinner B. drink C. child D. children
- A. ready B. meat C. defeat D. beat
- A. kitchen B. history C. time D. finish
- A. arrive B. fit C. fine D. drive
- A. tablets B. liners C. sharks D. crops
- A. choose B. wood C. cartoon D. roof
- A. machine B. merchant C. Chinese D. chamber
- A. breathe B. breath C. neither D. these
- A. phone B. orphan C. Stephen D. photo
II. Pick out the words that have the stress different from that of the others
- A. usually B. continue C. family D. buffalo
- A. tobacco B. breakfast C. children D. several
- A. biology B. alarm C. transplant D. sometimes
- A. airport B. passenger C. technology D. chemistry
- A. routine B. tobacco C. neighbor D. experience
- A. alternative B. announce C. absolute D. arrive
- A. interesting B. satisfy C. afternoon D. conclusion
- A. repeat B. frequency C. occasionally D. immediately
- A. defeat B. unusual C. commerce D. delight
- A. harbour B. ice-free C. worldwide D. include
III. Choose the best answer to complete each of the following sentences (final test)
- He can’t get home if he ……………. no money.
A. has B. will have C. had D. would have
2. Would you like to have a ……………. of badminton this afternoon?
A. match B. play C. game D. party
3. It is too early in the ……………. to expect many visitors to this place of interest.
A. semester B. season C. time D. calendar
4. Because it ……………. for several months, there was a shortage of water.
A. doesn’t rain B. hasn’t rained C. hadn’t rained D. wouldn’t rain
5. ……………. the rise in the unemployment, people still seem to be spending more.
A. Even B. In spite C. Despite D. Although
6. They will never manage ……………. home by eight. The roads are quite busy today.
A. to get B. getting C. to getting D. be getting
7. He helped me with my English, ……………. was very kind of him.
A. which B. that C. when D. where
8. A football team ……………. of eleven players.
A. composes B. is composed C. has composed D. composing
9. I don’t like the place ……………. he lives.
A. that B. which C. where D. when
10. The new television tower is twice ……………. the old one.
A. higher than B. as high as C. highest D. higher as
IV. Read the passage below and choose one correct answer for each question
My name is Seumas McSporran and I am a very busy man. I am 60 years old and I have thirteen jobs. I am a postman, a politician, a fireman, a taxi driver, a school- bus driver, a boatman, an ambulance man, an accountant, a petrol attendant, and an undertaker. Also, I and my wife, Margaret, have a shop and a small hotel.
I live and work on the island of Gigha in the west of Scotland. Only 20 people live there but in summer, 150 tourists come by boat every day.
Every weekday I get up at 6:00 and make breakfast for the hotel guests. At 8.00 I drive the island’s children to school. At 9:00 I collect the post from the boat and deliver it to all houses on the island. I also deliver beer to the island’s only pub. Then I help Margaret in the shop.
My wife likes being busy, too. We never have holidays and we don’t watch television. In the evenings Margaret makes supper and I do the accounts. At 10:00 we have a glass of wine and then we go to bed. Perhaps our life isn’t very exciting, but we like it.
- Mr. McSporran does all the following jobs EXCEPT ________ .
A. a firefighter B. a driver C. a farmer D. a mailman
2. Gigha is the name of ________ .
A. his wife B. his hotel C. the shop where they work D. the island where they live
3. Tourists ________ to the island.
A. sail B. fly C. swim D. drive
4. The word it in paragraph 3 refers to the ________ .
A. beer B. post C. boat D. pub
5. According to the passage which is TRUE about Seumas McSporran?
A. He likes the job as a postman most. B. He and his wife go on holiday every year.
C.He does the accounts in the evenings. D. He goes to bed very late.
V. Supply the correct tense
- They (just decide)…………………. that they (undertake)…………………. the job.
- We (go)…………………. to the theatre last night.
- He usually (write)…………………. in green ink.
- She (play)…………………. the piano when our guests (arrive)…………………. last night.
- I (come)…………………. as soon as my work is finished. (You be)…………………. ready?
- Where (you go)…………………. for your holiday last year?
- I (not leave)…………………. Paris since we (go)…………………. to Dieppe three years ago.
- My mother (come)…………………. to stay with us next weekend.
- We (meet)…………………. only yesterday and (already decide)…………………. to get married.
- We (not live)…………………. in England for the last two months.
- I (lose)…………………. my keys. I cannot remember where I last (see)…………………. them.
- Wherever you (go)…………………. to town nowadays, you (spend)…………………. a lot of money.
- When I last (stay)…………………. in Cairo, I (ride)…………………. to the Pyramids on a camel that my friend (borrow)…………………. the day before.
- I (finish)…………………. the book before my next birthday.
- He (walk)…………………. very quickly when I (meet)…………………. him yesterday.
VI. Read the following passage and choose the best option for each blank
The 29th of August in 2006 is a day I shall never forget. On that day, I stared (1)______ in the face. Our flight was (2)______ to leave at 10:30 a.m, and arrived at the airport with plenty of time to spare. We started boarding 10:00 a.m. Most of us were holiday makers and there (3)______ a lot of laughing and joking going on. It was raining slightly, but visibility was good and the plane (4)______ on time. The cabin staff were just beginning to bring round the duty- free goods when the plane began (5)______. At first, we thought we had just hit bad weather. We were told to sit down and to fasten our seat belts. Then suddenly, the front of the plane seemed to (6)______ and we realized we were speeding towards the ground. People screamed in(7)______. Strangers joined hands and prayed. We thought we had only minutes to live. Then, just when we had (8)______ all hope, we felt the plane level out, and slowly we began to gain height. A few minutes later, the pilot announced that everything was now (9)______ control, and we all began to clap and cheer hysterically. Twenty minutes (10)______ we landed safely.
- A. die B. dead C. death D. deaden
- A. due B. thought C. plan D. bound
- A. was B. had C. were D. had been
- A. went off B. got on C. got in D. took off
- A. to shake B. shaking C. sake D. for shaking
- A. chop B. dip C. down D. reduce
- A. danger B. risk C. afraid D. panic
- A. given up B. given back C. brought up D. brought back
- A. of B. with C. under D. below
- A. after B. later C. behind D. then
VII. There is a mistake in the four underlined parts of each sentence. Find the mistake (A, B, C or D)
- I have invited Tom to the party but I don’t think he is coming.
A B C D
- There are a lot of black clouds in the sky. It will rain.
A B C D
- They have lived in New York for 10 years before they moved to Washington.
A B C D
- It is not until he was 40 that he took degree in economics.
A B C D
5. My uncle is working in Nha Trang, where has one of the most beautiful beaches in Viet Nam.
A B C D
6. My brother prefers science fiction films than horror ones.
A B C D
7. Don’t you get tired with playing games every night?
A B C D
8. I had gone to see you if I’d known that you were ill.
A B C D
9. When we met again, we haven’t seen each other for five years.
A B C D
10. He said that the lifestyle of his village has changed a lot for the last five years.
A B C D
VIII. Choose the best option to complete each of the following sentences
- Mary didn’t begin to read until she was six.
A. It wasn’t until was six that she began to read.
B. It wasn’t until Mary wasn’t six that she began to read.
C. It wasn’t until Mary was six did she begin to read.
D. It wasn’t until Mary wasn’t six that she didn’t begin to read.
2. The last time Nga wore that dress was at her sister’s wedding
A. Nga hasn’t worn that dress was at her sister’s wedding.
B. Nga hasn’t worn that dress since her sister’s wedding.
C. Nga hasn’t wore that dress was at her sister’s wedding long ago.
D. Nga hasn’t wore that dress since her sister’s wedding ago.
3. I didn’t go to bed early, so I’m tired now.
A. If I went to bed early, I wouldn’t be tired now.
B. If I went to bed early, I wouldn’t have been tired now.
C. If I had gone to bed early, I wouldn’t be tired now.
D. If I had gone to bed early, I wouldn’t have been tired now.
4. Go to bed immediately or you can’t get up early tomorrow.
A. If you don’t go to bed immediately, you can’t get up early tomorrow.
B. If you go to bed immediately, you can’t get up early tomorrow.
C. If you didn’t go to bed immediately, you couldn’t get up early tomorrow.
D. If you went to bed early, you could get up early tomorrow.
5. In spite of his good salary, Mr. Green decided to leave the job.
A. Although Mr. Green had a good salary, he decided to leave the job.
B. Mr. Green decided to leave the job despite of having a good salary.
C. In spite the fact that Mr. Green had a good salary, he decided to leave the job.
D. Mr. Green decided to leave the job owing to his good salary.
IX. Choose the word with the same meaning as the underlined part
- This pagoda was originally built in the 11th century in the Ly dynasty.
A. powerfully B. finally C. initially D. gradually
2. I didn’t know why my alarm clock didn’t go off this morning.
A. ring B. go wrong C. explode D. sing
3. Mr Ha’s village is situated on the south bank of Tien River.
A. expected B. located C. pointed D. reminded
4. The record was broken by an Asian athlete.
A. crashed B. defeated C. won D. beaten
5. Nowadays, more and more plants and animals are at risk.
A. in danger B. at loss C. under pressure D. on fire
Hi vọng bài viết trên sẽ là tài liệu tham khảo hữu ích giúp bạn làm quen với một số dạng bài cũng như củng cố vững chắc kiến thức của mình. Chúc bạn học tốt!
Đáp án chi tiết bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 10
I. 1-A 2-C 3-A 4-C 5-B 6-B 7-B 8-A 9-B 10-C
II. 1-B 2-A 3-D 4-C 5-C 6-C 7-C 8-B 9-C 10-A
III. 1-A 2-C 3-B 4-C 5-C 6-A 7-A 8-B 9-C 10-B
IV. 1-C 2-D 3-A 4-B 5-C
V. 1. have just decided – would undertake 9. met – have already decided
2. went 10. haven’t lived
3. writes 11. have lost – saw
4. was playing – arrived 12. go – spend
5. will come – Are you 13. stayed – rode – had borrowed
6. did … go 14. will have finished
7. haven’t left – went 15. was walking – met
8. will come
VI. 1-B 2-A 3-A 4-D 5-A 6-B 7-D 8-A 9-C 10-B
VII. 1. D → will come 6. C → to
2. D → is going to rain 7. C → of
3. A → had lived 8. A → would have gone
4. A → was not 9. C → hadn’t seen
5. B → which 10. B → had changed
VIII. 1-C 2-B 3-C 4-A 5-A
IX. 1-C 2-A 3-B 4-D 5-A