Ngữ pháp là một chủ điểm rất quan trọng với bất kì ai học tiếng anh phải nắm bắt được. Đúng vậy, nếu bạn có nền tảng các thì trong tiếng Anh tốt thì bạn sẽ có thể sử dụng các kĩ năng đọc và viết rất tuyệt. Dưới đây, Báo Song Ngữ sẽ đưa ra bài tập các thì trong tiếng Anh để các bạn tham khảo và luyện tập có thể giúp cải thiện tốt ngữ pháp cho các bạn.
Bạn có thể thấy rằng trong tiếng Anh có 12 thì cơ bản và 1 thì mở rộng. Thì tiếng anh được chia theo thời gian quá khứ, hiện tại và tương lai. Các bạn đọc muốn hiểu biết chi tiết thêm và áp dụng công thức thành thạo thì theo dõi nhưng bài viết khác của Báo Song Ngữ. Hãy cùng theo dõi nhé.
A. Tổng hợp các thì trong tiếng Anh
Áp dụng công thức để hoàn thành câu hoàn chỉnh.
I.Thì Hiện tại đơn (Simple Present)
– He ______ a new dress today. (buy)
– ______Nam and Ly ______ to school by bus every day? (go)
– My mother ______ her hair every day. (wash)
– My brother ______ robbers. (catch)
– She____ a student. (be)
– They never _____ beer. (drink)
– I ____ meet her. (do not)
– _____ they friendly? (are/is/am)
– The sun often______ in Morocco. (shine)
– Rome ______ the capital of Italy. (be)
– Birds ______ in winter. (migrate)
– Travelling by plane ______ a lot of energy. ( use)
– Do – go
II. Thì hiện tại tiếp diễn (present continuous)
– She _____going home. (am/is/are)
– I _____the book “The harry potter” . (read)
– Nam ____always ____late. (come)
– _____ products _____rapidly? (grow)
– My father ______flower in the garden. (water)
– My younger sister ______ the room. (clean)
– Some people _____ on the grass and _____ a picnic. (sit/ have)
– The number of Web users who shop online ______. ( increase)
– My best friend ¬_______ in a holiday camp. (stay)
– I don’t like the book that I _________ at the moment. (read)
– am reading
– Is – coming
– Are growing
– is watering
– is cleaning
– are sitting – having
– is increasing
– is staying
– am reading.
III. Thì hiện tại hoàn thành ( Present perfect tense)
– It has_____ 5 months since I first met her. (be)
– ____ you been to that place before? (Have/has)
– I have _____ for this shop for 1 year.( work)
– He _____ in Germany since 2009. ( live)
– I’ve ______ many art galleries this year. ( visit)
– Is Nam ______ lunch with us? (have)
– Where _____ you _____ go? ( Have/has – be)
– The world _______ a massive shift in transport and tourism in the last decade. ( see)
– How long _____ you _____ there? (live)
– has lived
– have – been
– has seen
– have – lived
IV. Thì hiện tại hoàn thành tiếp diễn (Present perfect continuous tense)
– My best friend _______French since November. ( learn)
– I’m so tired. I _______ for the bus for hours. ( wait)
– Hoa ______ about where to go this weekend. ( think)
– The number of people taking up extreme sports______ since the early 1990s. ( increase)
– The amount of free time we have ________ continuously for over 30 years. (rise)
– She looks very exhausted because she ______ all night. (work)
– I ______ this book since last night. ( read)
– They ______ with old class all the day. (chat)
– has been learning
– have been waiting
– has been thinking
– has been increasing
– has been rising
– has been working
– has been reading
– have been chatting.
V. Thì quá khứ đơn (Past simple tense)
– I ____ the museums in New York. (visit)
– I ______ to Tokyo last year. (travel)
– We always went on holiday to Japan when I ___ a child. ( be)
– Last week I _____ on holiday for 3 days. (go)
– Every summer I ____the school holidays with my grandparents. (spend)
– Dannes _____ to Finland last year, but he _______ it. ( go – like)
– What ___ you do? (do)
– My family ______ from the countryside when I was 12 years old. (move)
– went – didn’t like.
VI. Thì quá khứ tiếp diễn (Past continuous tense)
– I ______ (swim) in the sea when the rain started.
– Some people _______ (relax) by the pool and others ______ (play) volleyball.
– For the first two days of my holiday I ______ (stay) with friends.
– Last month I ______(have) acting lessons but I had to stop when I lost my voice.
– Sorry, _____ you _____ (sleep)?
– While I was driving home, Peter _____ (try) desperately to contact me.
– The company _______ (decline) rapidly before he took charge.
– Where you ______ (go) when I saw you last weekend?
– My sister ______ (watch) TV when I got home.
– was swimming
– were relaxing / were playing
– was staying
– was having
– were sleeping
– was trying
– was declining
– were you going
– was watching
VII. Thì quá khứ hoàn thành – Past perfect tense
– Before she became the 2008 world swimming champion nobody ______ (hear) of Phan Anh.
– Every newspaper and TV channel in the USA wanted to interview Neil Armstrong after he _______ (landing) on the moon.
– Managing an actors image though media relations become popular in the 1980s. Up until then actors _____ (not care) much about their public image.
– An idea occurred to him that she herself ______(help) him very much in the everyday life.
– When I arrived Dennis ______(go) away.
– If I ______(know) that, I would have acted differently.
– Until the 1990s, footballers ______(not earn) such large salaries and they didn’t use to be so famous.
– By the time I met you, I ______(work) in that company for three years.
– Linh ______(study) in Korea before she did her masters at Harvard.
– _____ the film ______(end) when you arrived at the cinema?
– had heard
– had landed
– hadn’t cared
– had helped
– had gone
– had known
– hadn’t earned
– had worked
– had studied
– Had – ended
VIII. Thì quá khứ hoàn thành tiếp diễn – Past perfect continuous tense.
– The journalists ______(wait) for over an hour by the time the President arrived at the palace.
– She ______(work) in the clothes store for two years when a customer who represented a model agency spotted her and signed her up.
– They ______ (talk) on the phone when the rain poured down.
– I _______(have) lunch by the time the others came into the restaurant.
– Yesterday, my brother said he ______ (stop) smoking for 2 months.
– The photographers ______(wait) hours for the stars to arrive at the 2010 Oscar ceremony.
– I would have been ready for the test if I ______(prepare) diligently.
– had been waiting
– had been working
– had been talking
– had been having
– had been stopping
– had been waiting
– had been preparing
VX. Thì tương lai đơn – Simple future tense
– I _____ (try) my best to answer all the questions.
– I ¬_____(help) her take care of her children tomorrow morning.
– They ______ (stay) at the shop.
– I _____(bring) money to school tomorrow for you.
– I ______(tell) her the truth.
– _____ you come to company tomorrow?
– I ______(come)back home to take my book which I have forgotten.
– _____ you please bring me a cup of coffee?
– If it stops raining soon, we ______(go) to the hospital.
– ____ we start again from the beginning?
– will try
– will help
– won’t stay
– will bring
– won’t tell
– will come
– will go
X. Thì tương lai tiếp diễn – Future continuous tense
– Tomorrow afternoon, I _____(build) my new website.
– This time next year, most people _____(use) the Internet every day.
– I ____(watch)the concert live online tonight.
– We _____(climb) the mountain at this time next Monday.
– We _____(not study) at 9 a.m tomorrow.
– _____ she ______(do) the housework at 11 p.m tomorrow?
– At this time tomorrow I ______(go)shopping in Vietnam.
– will be building
– will be using
– will be watching
– will be climbing
– won’t be studying
– Will – be doing
– will be going
XI. Thì tương lai hoàn thành (Future Perfect)
– Everyone _______ (learn) how to use the Internet in 50 years time.
– I _______ (finish) my homework before 8 o’clock this evening.
– I _______ (spend) over 100 VND on online shopping by the end of the week.
– It is estimated that in five years time 20 percent more people over the age of 60 _______ (start) to use the Internet.
– The Internet ________ (become) the primary source of information by the middle of the century.
– I _______ (do) the job before the boss come tomorrow.
– will have learnt
– will have finished
– will have spent
– will be started
– will have become
– will have done
XII. Tương Lai Hoàn Thành Tiếp Diễn (Future Perfect Continuous)
– Next month, I __________ (work) at this Internet design company for ten years.
– I __________ (study) in the International school for 2 years by the end of next year.
– Come on, its my turn! Soon you __________ (surf) the net for over two hours.
– She __________ (study) Korean Culture for 3 years by the end of this year.
– When I get my degree, I __________ (have) at Australia for four years.
– We __________ (run not) at 10 a.m tomorrow.
– _____ they __________ (talk) for half an hour by the time her father comes back?
– will have been working
– will have been studying
– will have been surfing
– will have been studying
– will have been having
– won’t have been running
– Will – have been talking.
B. Bài tập tổng hợp các thì
Khoanh vào đáp án đúng.
1. He fell down when he …………towards the church.
A. run B. runs C. was running D. had run
2. The train …………. half an hour ago.
A. has been leaving B. left C. has left D. had left
3. He has been selling motorcycles……………..
A. ten years ago B. since ten years C. for ten years ago D. for ten years.
4. I ……..Texas State University now.
A. am attending B. attend C. was attending D. attended.
5. The little girl asked what ……… to her friend.
A. has happened B. Happened C. had happened D. would have been happened.
6. John ……… a book when I saw him.
A. is reading B. read C. was reading D. Reading
7. I………….to New York three times this year.
A. have been B. was C. were D. had been
8. I will come and see you before I………….for America.
A. leave B. will leave C. have left D. shall leave
9. I have never played badminton before. This is the first time I ……… to play.
A. try B. tried C. have tried D. am trying
10. He will take the dog out for a walk as soon as he ……….. dinner.
A. finish B. finishes C. will finish D. finishing
11. When I met him , he ……. as a waiter for a year.
A.had been working B. worked C. have worked D. work.
12. I………….the dishwasher on when heard the shot.
A. am turning B. were turning C. was turning D. turned
13. There was a time when watching TV really……………family entertainment.
A. were B. was C. had been D. Is
14. The Olympic Games…………every four years.
A. take place B. takes place C. took place D. is taking place.
15. …………….you go to the dentist?
A. how often are B. how often do C. how often does D. how are
16. By the end of next year, Kelvin ………English for two years.
A. will have learned B. will learn C. has learned D. would learn.
17. By the age of 25, he …….. two famous novels.
A. wrote B. writes C. has written D. had written
18. I think the weather……………nice later.
A. will be B. be C. had D. has been
1.C 2.B 3.B 4.A 5.C 6.C 7.A 8.A 9.C 10.B
11.A 12.C 13.B 14.B 15.B 16.A 17.D 18.A
Trên đây là toàn bộ bài tập của các Thì trong tiếng Anh.
Mong rằng các bạn có thể làm tốt và cải thiện được ngữ pháp tiếng Anh.