Bên cạnh việc nắm chắc lý thuyết, luyện tập thường xuyên bằng các bài tập thực hành là điều vô cùng cần thiết, nhất là đối với những chủ điểm ngữ pháp quan trọng như câu trực tiếp và câu gián tiếp. Chính vì thế, bài viết hôm nay chúng mình sẽ cung cấp đến bạn những dạng bài tập phổ biến nhất của loại câu này để bạn có thể ôn tập và củng cố thêm kiến thức.
Mình sẽ tóm tắt qua một chút về các cấu trúc câu trực tiếp, gián tiếp thường gặp để bạn có thể nhớ lại và áp dụng ngay nhé.
Nội dung bài viết
Kiến thức tóm tắt về Câu tường thuật, câu gián tiếp
Câu trực tiếp: “S + V…”, S + said/ said to Sb/ told.
(Trường hợp động từ tường thuật chia ở thì hiện tại thì khi chuyển sang câu gián tiếp ta sẽ không lùi thì)
Câu tường thuật dạng câu kể: S + said/ said to Sb/ told + that + S + V (lùi thì)
Câu tường thuật dạng câu hỏi: S + asked/ wanted to know/ wondered + if/ whether/ Wh-words + S + V (lùi thì)
Câu tường thuật dạng câu mệnh lệnh: S + asked/ told + O + (not) + to V
Trên đây là một số cấu trúc thông dụng, thường gặp. Ngoài ra, còn một số cấu trúc đặc biệt khác. Bạn có thể tham khảo bài viết về Câu tường thuật để biết rõ hơn nhé.
I. Bài tập viết lại câu
1. “I walked home after the event,” Tom said.
2. “Do you enjoy listening to music?” Bin asked her.
3. She said to me “Can you speak Vietnamese?”
4. “I don’t like this red cap,” she said.
5. He said to me “I haven’t finished my work”.
6. “I must go home to make the dinner”,said Linda.
7. “I have just received a postcard from my aunt,”my best friend said to me.
8. “Do your sister and brother go to the same school?” Nam asked his friend.
9. ”Give him a smile,”The photographer told him.
10. “Don’t discuss this question now,” said my teacher to us.
11. “If the weather is fine, I will go on a picnic with my friends,” she said.
12. “What would you do if you had three days off ?” I asked him.
13. “If you had listened to my advice, you wouldn’t have made such a big mistake.” Julia said to LiLi.
14. “I’m sure she will help you if you ask her.”, he told me.
15. “I will be surprised if Mary doesn’t pass the exam.”, our teacher said.
II. Tìm và sửa lỗi sai trong các câu tường thuật, gián tiếp dưới đây
- Salim told to Alice to give her a hand.
- Cuong asked her whether did she like sports or not.
- Hoa promised her boy friend that she would expect to see him next Monday.
- Kim said her mother that she would visit her grandfather in Nha Trang the next day.
- Her father ordered her do not go out with him the day before.
- My neighbour told me that she will let me know as soon as she heard from him.
- The policeman asked Bob if he has really seen that happen with his own eyes.
- My father said that the taxi was coming now and asked if everyone was ready.
- Minh advised her husband don’ drink too much; however, he might lose control of the car and have a bad accident.
- Tam told her boyfriend that she is very glad he had come and invited him to sit down.
III. CHỌN ĐÁP ÁN ĐÚNG NHẤT
1. Harry said to me, “If I were you , I would read different types of books in different ways.”
A. Harry advised me read different types of books in different ways.
B. I said to Harry read different types of books in different ways to me.
C. I read different types of books in different ways to Harry as he told me.
D. Conan advised me to read different types of books in different ways.
2. Shall I make you a coffee?” Jan said to the lady.
A. Jan wanted to make a coffee for the lady
B. Jan refused to make a coffee for the lady
C. Jan offered to make a coffee for the lady
D. Jan promised to make a coffee for the lady
3. Jun asked Ngoc why _________ the film on television the night before.
A. didn’t she watch B. hadn’t she watched
C. she doesn’t watch D. she hadn’t watched
4. Gin asked me _________ .
A. what time does the concert start B. what time the concert start
C. what time the concert started D. what time did the concert start
5. Yen said that she _________ there at noon.
A. is going to be B. going to be
C. will be D. can be
6. Jack asked me _________.
A. where do you come from? B. where do I came from
C. where I came from D. where did I come from?
7. They said that their house had been broken into _________.
A. the two days before B. two days ago C. two days before D. since two days
8. Peter said he was leaving for Paris _________.
A. next week B. the week previous C. following week D. the following week
9. The woman wonders _________ doing well at school.
A. whether her children are B. if her children were
C. her children were D. her children are if
10. The man asked the boys _________ .
A. why did they fight B. why they were fighting
C. why they fight D. why were they fighting
11. Judy _________ going for a walk, but no one else wanted to.
A.admitted B. offered C. promised D. suggested
12. When he was at Oliver’s plat yesterday, Martin asked if he _________ use the phone.
A. can B. could C. may D. must
13. Tom said that New York _________ more lively than London.
A. is B. be C. was D. were
14. Sue was very pessimistic about the situation. I advised her _________.
A. no worry B. not worry C. no to worry D. not to worry
15. Someone _________ me there’s been an accident on the motorway.
A. asked B. said C. spoke D. told
IV. Hoàn thành các câu tường thuật, gián tiếp sau
1. “Where is my umbrella?” she asked.
➔ She asked _________________________________________________________ .
2. “How are you?” Martin asked us.
➔ Martin asked us _____________________________________________________ .
3. He asked, “Do I have to do it?”
➔ He asked __________________________________________________________ .
4. “Where have you been?” the mother asked her daughter.
➔ The mother asked her daughter _________________________________________ .
5. “Which dress do you like best?” she asked her boyfriend.
➔ She asked her boyfriend ______________________________________________ .
6. “What are they doing?” she asked.
➔ She wanted to know _________________________________________________ .
7. “Are you going to the cinema?” he asked me.
➔ He wanted to know __________________________________________________ .
8. The teacher asked, “Who speaks English?”
➔ The teacher wanted to know ___________________________________________ .
9. “How do you know that?” she asked me.
➔ She asked me ______________________________________________________ .
10. “Has Caron talked to Kevin?” my friend asked me.
➔ My friend asked me __________________________________________________ .
Đáp án Bài tập Câu tường thuật, gián tiếp
- Tom told me that he had walked home after the event.
- Bin asked her if she enjoyed listening to music.
- She asked me if I could speak Vietnamese.
- She told me that she didn’t like that red cap.
- He told me he hadn’t finished his work.
- Linda told me that she must go home to make the dinner.
- My best friend told me that she/he had just received a postcard from her/his aunt.
- Nam asked his friend whether her/his sister and brother went to the same school.
- The photographer told him to give him a smile.
- My teacher told us not to discuss that question then.
- She said if the weather was fine, she would go on a picnic with her friends.
- I asked him what he would do if he had had three days off.
- Julia told LilLi that she would not have made such a big mistake if she had listened to her advice.
- He told me that he was sure she would help if I asked her.
- Our teacher said that she would be surprised of Mary did not pass the exam.
- told to ➔ told
- did she like ➔ she liked
- next Monday ➔ the next Monday
- said ➔ said to/told
- do not go ➔ not to go
- will let ➔ would let
- has really seen ➔ had really seen
- now ➔ then
- don’t drink ➔ not to dink
- is ➔ was
- D 2. C 3. D 4. C 5. C 6. C 7. C 8. D 9. B 10. B 11. D 12. B 13. C 14. D 15. D
- She asked me where her umbrella was.
- Martin asked us how we were.
- He asked if he had to do it.
- The mother asked her daughter where she had been.
- She asked her boyfriend which dress he liked best.
- She wanted to know what they were doing.
- He wanted to know if I was going to the cinema.
- The teacher wanted to know who spoke English.
- She asked me how I knew that.
- My friend asked me if Caron had talked to Kevin.
Trên đây là một số dạng bài tập về câu tường thuật mà chúng tôi đã tổng hợp được. Hy vọng những bài tập này đã giúp bạn nắm vững hơn về câu tường thuật. Chúc bạn học tốt!